Exempt, Full-time position
Location: Downtown Minneapolis, MN
BTM Global is an IT services company with extensive experience developing and implementing retail software solutions. At BTM, our reputation is built on our expertise in software development and our strong commitment to helping our clients realize full business value for their software investment. We are a fast growing organization looking to hire the best and brightest!
- Is work-life balance important to you? It is to us and we stand by it. It is expected, enabled and supported. We retain outstanding employees because of it.
- We value our employees and understand that they are part of the big picture. Because of that, they are recognized and rewarded.
- Flexible hours. We measure what you get done, not when you punch in and punch out of the office.
- We not only hire the brightest and the best, we provide opportunities for further growth and success.
- Plus, we offer a superior benefits package.
- Be part of a devoted team who still finds time to have fun!
A Implementation Engineer is a technical contributor as well as an effective member of a development team. An Implementation Engineer has demonstrated expertise in a variety of information technology concepts, practices, and procedures and can modify, develop, write and implement software applications. The Implementation Engineer supports the team (Project Manager, Technical Architect, etc.) in coordinating and monitoring all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Researches and supports implementation of the Oracle Retail software suite. Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of implementation within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with technical lead to evaluate both the integration between hardware and software and the operational and performance requirements of overall systems.
- Contributes to software system technical design procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Works with functional architecture and quality assurance teams to review documentation and support those roles within the development lifecycle.
- Contributes to technical design documentation for software changes and development.
- Troubleshoots and resolves software issues.
- Maintains and enhances software applications and makes necessary modifications.
- Implements and tests system interfaces.
- Creates and tests data conversion scripts and other technical application components as needed.
Experience and Other Requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams on projects.
- Ability to collaborate with or provide oversight to an offshore team to complete project deliverables.
- Ability to communicate with the client’s technical staff, other project leads, and the project manager to deliver results.
- Basic understanding of retail operations and how packaged software works within this industry.
- Establishes/maintains effective team communications to ensure client needs are met.
- Keeps management team apprised of work progress and is proactive in communicating any concerns or opportunities for better project delivery.
- Supports sales meetings and calls as needed.
- May perform other job related duties as assigned.
- 3 years’ experience in software implementation and/or development
- Integration background is a plus
- Previous experience with: Oracle, DB2, MS SQL or other relational databases.
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate offshore team and client needs.
- Ability to clearly communicate design rationales and build consensus around designs.
- Ability to develop innovative approaches to complex design problems.
- Strong desire for ownership of assigned tasks.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Some travel required.
Implementation Engineer, Developer, Oracle Retail, Merchandising, Support Engineer, Oracle Xstore, SQL
BTM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
View our commitment at: EEO is the Law.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
and ask to speak to a Human Resources representative.