Exempt, Full-time positionLocation: Downtown Minneapolis, MNCompany Overview:
BTM Global is an IT services company with extensive experience developing and implementing retail software solutions. At BTM, our reputation is built on our expertise in software development and our strong commitment to helping our clients realize full business value for their software investment. We are a fast growing organization looking to hire the best and brightest!
- Is work-life balance important to you? It is to us and we stand by it. It is expected, enabled and supported. We retain outstanding employees because of it.
- We value our employees and understand that they are part of the big picture. Because of that, they are recognized and rewarded.
- Flexible hours. We measure what you get done, not when you punch in and punch out of the office.
- We not only hire the brightest and the best, we provide opportunities for further growth and success.
- Plus, we offer a superior benefits package.
- Be part of a devoted team who still finds time to have fun!
The Retail Senior Business Analysts provides a unique combination of functional and technical product expertise and delivery implementation experience in retail systems to design and deliver software solutions! This person sets the course for business requirements and processes that are foundational for creating client deliverables and end-software modifications/systems to retail clients. Based on this work, the Retail Senior Business Analyst may also define, analyze and document current and future business processes and the client business functions to help design software functionality critical to a client’s success.
Experience, Education and Other Skills:
- Serves as a lead team member to prioritize, delegate and disseminate the work on the project delivery team and / or across multiple projects.
- Serves as a primary point of contact in the requirements definition phase of projects. This involves research and application of best practices to the client situation with respect to business and operational processes, technologies, and industry trends. May be required to be the internal and / or external point of contact on specific projects.
- Operates in conjunction with the lead members of the project to establish solution approach and organizes communications and expectations to supporting members of the team.
- Participates in cross-pollination and domain discussions with external clients, internal staff and off-shore teams.
- Possesses strong communication and analysis skills with ability to mentor other business analysts or coach and lead resources who operate in similar roles; dedicated to helping other team members develop.
- Maps out and documents “as is” and “to be” process models, defines associated business requirements, and performs gap analysis between process models, technology and people.
- Works with key people (internally or externally) to identify specific needs that may be necessary for the project.
- Partners with the development team to ensure requirements and functionality are being met. Able to explain business focused concepts to the rest of the development and client teams to ensure software meets expectations.
- Creates requirement and functional design documents and is able to present them to internal team members and clients. Follows up with action items, and ensures the completion of each phase of the methodology and SDLC.
- Educates the client with respect to technology terminology, best practices, and business analysis project phases.
- Effectively plans, estimates, and documents core project dependencies to project leadership and sponsors.
- Prepares accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, functional specification documents, and related test documents.
- Plans, documents and executes the test scenarios and scripts. May be involved in supporting client-based testing and issue remediation.
- Identifies and assists in managing any defects, change requests, or new functionality related to the project and current work efforts.
- Drives and insures deliverable completion.
- Directly supports the Project Manager with project decisions regarding all things functional.
- May perform other job related duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of business analysis experience ideally with client exposure
- 2-3 years of experience within the stores or merchandise domain (Xstore or Point-of-Service or POS is a plus)
- Previous experience gathering and documenting business requirements, business processes, functional design and / or user interface design information
- Previous experience working with various levels of management and external clients
- Previous experience working with off-shore and remote teams is preferred
- Four-year college degree or equivalent experience
- Candidate should have experience solving business problems with technology / software
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Travel may be required
BTM Global offers a superior benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision with HSA, 401K with generous company match, vacation/PTO, life/long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, and paid parking in downtown Minneapolis for Minneapolis employees.Keywords:
Sr. Business Analyst, Senior BA, Sr. BA, Senior Business Analyst, Functional Architect, implementation, Oracle Retail, Xstore, ORPOS, POS, Micros, Functional Analyst, requirements gathering, Retail, Stores Domain, Merch, Merchandising
BTM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
View our commitment at: EEO is the Law.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and ask to speak to a Human Resources representative.