Exempt, Full-time positionLocation: Downtown Minneapolis, MNCompany Overview:
BTM Global is an IT services company with extensive experience developing and implementing retail software solutions. At BTM, our reputation is built on our expertise in software development and our strong commitment to helping our clients realize full business value for their software investment. We are a fast growing organization looking to hire the best and brightest!
- Is work-life balance important to you? It is to us and we stand by it. It is expected, enabled and supported. We retain outstanding employees because of it.
- We value our employees and understand that they are part of the big picture. Because of that, they are recognized and rewarded.
- Flexible hours. We measure what you get done, not when you punch in and punch out of the office.
- We not only hire the brightest and the best, we provide opportunities for further growth and success.
- Plus, we offer a superior benefits package (including paid parking or transit pass).
- Be part of a devoted team who still finds time to have fun!
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing the accounting support to our team. This position focuses on a variety of accounting tasks such as auditing and processing expense reports, preparing client invoice work files, conducting monthly credit card coding, and supporting other finance tasks as needed. The accounting clerk also provides general office support including front desk receptionist duties. The position requires a flexible, pro-active, self-starter, problem-solving, detail and customer service oriented individual.Essential Functions:
- Accounts Receivable
- Prepare supporting documents for expense invoice for clients in timely fashion
- Review invoice charged items with backup documents for completeness
- Follow through on expense payments, variances, and required re-submissions
- Manage collection, and update cash reports
- Accounts Payable
- Process/Audit Weekly Vendor and Employee Expenses
- Facilitate expense processes and travel arrangements
- Approve/review expenses for accuracy of expense submissions
- Credit Card Coding
- Development of Excel coding document and data entry
- Receipt collection and verification
- Track sales tax/use ongoing from receipts provided for credit card or expenses
- Set-up payroll arrangements for new hires and terminate ex-employee profiles
- Ensure employee payroll is processed accurately and timely
- Ensure employee payroll processing is in compliance with federal and state laws
- Oversee salary changes and benefits for employees
- Document Filing
- Other accounting tasks/supports as assigned
- Candidate should have 3+ years of experience in accounting field
- Knowledge of A/P, A/R, Payroll and General Accounting principles
- 2 year Accounting/Finance degree preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel (PowerPoint preferred, but not required)
- Detail Oriented
- Self-starter, independent
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with a passion for detail and execution
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly professional, presentable and pleasant over the phone and in person
- Strong project management skills
- Positive customer service attitude
- Ability to handle and be trusted with confidential and/or sensitive information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to problem-solve, work under pressure, and to effectively manage stress
- Proactive, team player, innovative thinker
- Personable, professional image
- Monday through Friday - 40 hours/week. This is a full time position, no part-time applicants please.
BTM Global offers a superior benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision with HSA, 401K with generous company match, vacation/PTO, life/long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, and paid parking in downtown Minneapolis or transit pass.
BTM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
View our commitment at: EEO is the Law.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com
and ask to speak to a Human Resources representative.