Exempt, Full-time position
Location: Downtown Minneapolis, MN
BTM Global is an IT services company with extensive experience developing and implementing retail software solutions. At BTM, our reputation is built on our expertise in software development and our strong commitment to helping our clients realize full business value for their software investment. We are a fast growing organization looking to hire the best and brightest!
- Is work-life balance important to you? It is to us and we stand by it. It is expected, enabled and supported. We retain outstanding employees because of it.
- We value our employees and understand that they are part of the big picture. Because of that, they are recognized and rewarded.
- Flexible hours. We measure what you get done, not when you punch in and punch out of the office.
- We not only hire the brightest and the best, we provide opportunities for further growth and success.
- Plus, we offer a superior benefits package.
- Be part of a devoted team who still finds time to have fun!
The Senior Project Manager performs a highly visible role leading all aspects of software implementation and delivery across multiple projects and clients. This includes Relationship Management, Project Management and Business / Technical Delivery. The Senior Project Manager leads the charge in delivering complex and large software implementations, as well as effectively managing technical and functional team members with diverse backgrounds and skillsets.
- Responsible for the successful and on-time delivery of projects, including all work efforts required to deliver (including functional and technical aspects)
- Demonstrated organizational and leadership experience, ability to motivate team and drive execution, performance driven with the necessary intensity and optimism to succeed and deliver
- Demonstrated experience managing and delivering complex programs, involving multiple clients, projects, teams, and workstreams
- Proven experience in creating and executing workplans, estimates, and dependencies across multiple systems and teams (including clients and external third-parties)
- Responsible for identifying, tracking, managing and reporting the project risk, issues, action items and status of all deliverables
- Keep management team apprised of work progress and is proactive in communicating any concerns or opportunities for better project delivery
- Provide daily oversight, guidance and direction of all project teams (both onshore and offshore), working with project leads
- Responsible for delivering the project within the budget
- Serve as primary contact with Client stakeholders (and other third-party partners) for all aspects of the project
- Develop and communicate weekly and monthly status reports to Client
- Maintain working relationships/partnerships with existing and future vendors
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to negotiate and influence
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and new clients for future BTM projects
- Seek and help secure additional work at existing clients
- Provide feedback, guidance and mentoring to team members
- Demonstrate organizational and leadership experience by motivating the team and driving the execution
- Establish and maintain effective team communications to ensure client needs are met
- Perform other job related duties as assigned
Experience, Education and Other Skills:
- Candidate should have at least 5 years of project management experience and 2-3 years delivering software packages
- Candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills (including management presentation experience)
- Previous experience delivering software based development projects (which could include consulting or product experience)
- Previous experience with retail software or technology preferred
- Previous experience implementing Oracle Retail products is a plus
- Previous experience with MS Project and MS Office Suite
- Demonstrated leadership experience, during which two or more of the following occurred:
- successfully developed and implemented new technologies and work processes
- demonstrated high competency in project management and the execution of multiple or large projects
- demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership with strong abilities in relationship management
- demonstrated leadership of multi discipline, high-performance work teams/groups
- demonstrated competency in developing efficient and effective solutions to diverse and complex business problems successfully
- developed and implemented applications using new and emerging technologies
- established a successful track record of managing joint IT/business teams through life-cycle phases
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple projects in an organized, timely manner
- Four-year related college degree
- Some travel required
Benefits: BTM Global offers a superior benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision with HSA, 401K with generous company match, vacation/PTO, life/long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, and paid parking in downtown Minneapolis.
Keywords: Project Management, Delivery, Deployment, Implementation, Oracle Retail, Micros, Xstore, IT Project Manager, Retail, Project Manager, SAP, JDE, EBS, Dynamics