Exempt, Full-time position
BTM Global is an IT services company with extensive experience developing and implementing retail software solutions. At BTM, our reputation is built on our expertise in software development and our strong commitment to helping our clients realize full business value for their software investment. We are a fast growing organization looking to hire the best and brightest!
- Is work-life balance important to you? It is to us and we stand by it. It is expected, enabled and supported. We retain outstanding employees because of it.
- We value our employees and understand that they are part of the big picture. Because of that, they are recognized and rewarded.
- Flexible hours. We measure what you get done, not when you punch in and punch out of the office.
- We not only hire the brightest and the best, we provide opportunities for further growth and success.
- Plus, we offer a superior benefits package.
- Be part of a devoted team who still finds time to have fun!
The Lead Technical Engineer is a senior-level technical contributor and an effective leader of a development team for Oracle Retail Xstore Point-of-Service implementations. This leadership includes providing technical support and mentoring to project team members. The Lead Technical Engineer shares responsibility (with the Project Manager, Technical Architect, etc.) for coordinating and monitoring all aspects of the software development lifecycle across multiple technology platforms and disciplines.
- Researches, designs, and implement Oracle Suite applications using J2EE frame work. Analyzes software requirements to determine implementation within time and cost constraints.
- Consults with customers regarding the technical design and development of software applications and modifications.
- Consults with technical staff to evaluate the integration between multiple systems including hardware and software as well as the operational and performance requirements of overall systems.
- Develops and directs software system technical design procedures, programming, technical testing and documentation.
- Works with functional, architecture and quality assurance teams to review documentation, address issues and support those roles within the development lifecycle.
- Creates technical design documentation for software changes and development.
- Troubleshoots and resolves application issues.
- Maintains and enhances software applications and makes necessary modifications. This includes configuration management responsibility for software development and customizations.
- Ability to analyze, design, and document system implementation, extension, and follow best practices for design and deployment.
- Contributes to the development activities such as project estimates, scheduling, and deliverables.
- Conducts code reviews for system modifications and development.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external teams on projects.
- Ability to collaborate with or provide oversight to an offshore team to complete project deliverables.
- Ability to communicate with the client’s technical staff, other project leads, and the project manager to deliver results.
- Basic understanding of retail operations and how packaged software works within this industry.
- Coordinates the efforts of other developers by assigning and reviewing development work.
- Establishes/maintains effective team communications to ensure client needs are met.
- Keeps delivery team apprised of work progress and is proactive in communicating any concerns or opportunities for better project delivery.
- May perform other job related duties as assigned.
Experience, Education and Other Skills
- 3 years’ experience as a consultant or in an internal consulting role.
- 5 years’ experience in J2EE software design and/or development.
- Experience working with distributed team.
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Design and Development.
- Experience designing, developing, and delivering custom software / integration solutions.
- Experience implementing and/or supporting Oracle Retail/Xstore is preferred.
- Experience preferred with the following but not required:
- Leading a development team
- Design / development on Spring
- Working with relational databases
- Working with Web Services
- Working with Application Servers – preferably WebLogic, Jetty, Jboss
- Unix Shell Scripting, Windows Scripting
- Scheduling tools – UC4, Autosys
- Strong understanding of SDLC methodologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to learn and leverage new frameworks.
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed to accommodate offshore team and client needs.
- Ability to clearly communicate design rationales and build consensus around designs.
- Ability to develop innovative approaches to complex design problems.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Strong desire for ownership of assigned tasks.
- Undergraduate degree
- Some travel required
Benefits: BTM Global offers a superior benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision with HSA, 401K with generous company match, vacation/PTO, life/long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, and paid parking in downtown Minneapolis.
Keywords J2EE Tech Lead, J2EE Lead, Senior J2EE Developer, Java Lead, Senior Java Developer, Senior Developer, J2EE, Oracle Retail, XStore, MOM, Merchandising, Point-of-sale, Integration