Non-exempt, Full-time position
Location: Downtown Minneapolis, MN
BTM Global is an IT services company with extensive experience developing and implementing retail software solutions. At BTM, our reputation is built on our expertise in software development and our strong commitment to helping our clients realize full business value for their software investment. We are a fast growing organization looking to hire the best and brightest!
- Is work-life balance important to you? It is to us and we stand by it. It is expected, enabled and supported. We retain outstanding employees because of it.
- We value our employees and understand that they are part of the big picture. Because of that, they are recognized and rewarded.
- Flexible hours. We measure what you get done, not when you punch in and punch out of the office.
- We not only hire the brightest and the best, we provide opportunities for further growth and success.
- Plus, we offer a superior benefits package (including paid parking or transit pass).
- Be part of a devoted team who still finds time to have fun!
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing the accounting and administrative support to our team. This position focuses on a variety of accounting tasks such as auditing and processing expense reports, preparing client invoice work files, conducting monthly credit card coding, and supporting other finance tasks as needed. The accounting clerk also provides general office support including front desk receptionist duties. The position requires a flexible, pro-active, self-starter, problem-solving, detail and customer service oriented individual.
- Accounting Support (80%)
- Process/Audit Weekly Employee Expenses
- facilitate expense processes and travel arrangements
- approve/review expenses for accuracy of expense submission
- Client Invoice Creation
- Prepare supporting documents for expense invoice for clients in timely fashion
- Review invoice charged items with backup documents for completeness
- Follow through on expense payments, variances, and required resubmissions
- Credit Card Coding
- development of Excel coding document and data entry
- receipt collection and verification
- track sales tax/use ongoing from receipts provided for credit card or expenses
- Document Filing
- Other accounting tasks/supports as assigned
- Admin/Office Support (20%)
- Front Desk Support
- Greet guests/answer phone
- Sort/deliver mail
- Coordinate/Maintain Conference Room calendars
- Order lunches as needed
- Maintain office cleanliness/organization/decorations
- 2 year degree in Accounting
- 1+ years of administrative experience in an office setting
- Knowledge of A/P, A/R, and General Accounting principles is preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel (PowerPoint preferred, but not required)
- Detail Oriented
- Self-starter, independent
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with a passion for detail and execution
- High level of personal and professional integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly professional, presentable and pleasant over the phone and in person
- Strong project management skills
- Positive customer service attitude
- Ability to handle and be trusted with confidential and/or sensitive information
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to problem-solve, work under pressure, and to effectively manage stress
- Proactive, team player, innovative thinker
- Personable, professional image
- Monday through Friday - 40 hours/week. This is a full time position, no part-time applicants please.
Benefits: BTM Global offers a superior benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision with HSA, 401K with generous company match, vacation/PTO, life/long-term disability insurance, flexible spending account, and paid parking in downtown Minneapolis or transit pass.